Jun 11, 2010

money must be funny in a rich man's world

Guess how much my new laptop for school is gonna cost me?

$1,302.37

WOW. ok. breathe…

naw it's ok because see, I got this check from FAFSA, and I never used it (it was money from the community college semester) so I'm using it for the computer and other school expenses. It's gonna take about half the FAFSA check to cover it. Still, I've got another $1500 left for school expenses.

the new computer is discounted through the university, so I get free service and stuff. and I upgraded it so that I get extra RAM and space on my hard drive, AND a webcam and a microphone.

So I can talk to my friends and family on Skype and save minutes.

I never should have bought the cell phone… naw I do need it actually. People always want your number and up until a week ago, I didn't have one. My old one kept getting stolen. the stupid thing was stolen four or five times. The irony is, every time i got it back, no calls had been made and no texts had been sent. It was like they stole it for the sake of stealing it, and decided it was worthless.

or maybe, it just was worthless, and they couldn't figure out how to use it.

Anyway, I put a lock on my new one so that if anyone did steal it, they couldn't use it. mwahahahha!

sorry.

back to the computer

see, I need a new one because the old one shuts off randomly… because it's full of dust. so it overheats and shuts off. in the middle of stuff.

Thank you God for emergency document recovery!

so that's a lot of money. i don't make a lot of money. I didn't even make enough last year to file for taxes last year.

But God provides. He gives me exactly what I need for today.

Done rambling. and I have a smile on my face. that's nice.

<3

No comments: