Jul 15, 2011

Key

another old song.

No one else knows

No one else understands

No one can hear the desperation calling out from my heart

The words have stayed

Locked up inside me

I didn’t plan to tell a soul from the start

 

But secret are confidence

When there’s no one on earth you can trust

Why tell anyone

When all they do is judge

But secrets eat away at your soul

And keeping them hidden is tough

They to cut their own way out

Until till you’re bleeding too much

 

Got to get it all out

It’s all locked up inside

The key is right here

But every time I try

To open my mouth

The words fly away

If I write them all down…

…maybe they’ll stay

 

my words are all twisted,

knotted, in vain

they never say what I want them to mean

 

but secrets are worthless

after hiding them every day

you get tired of lying

because they suck your life away

and secret locks and secret keys

that hide the secrets of your past

they eventually rust and melt away

and your secret dies, at last

 

got to get it all out

it’s all locked up inside

the key is right here

but every time I try

to set myself free

they all want to stay

if I sing them all out…

…maybe they’ll go away

 

Got to get it all out

It’s all locked up inside

The key is right here

But I’m to tired to try

To do it myself

But You have a key

If I surrender my heart, and accept your will, and give you my life

You’ll set me free

No comments: