Jul 1, 2010

Ok so there's this guy.

Let's start at the beginning, ok?

I met him three years ago in school. Let's call him Voldemort.

First time I saw him smile I thought "Ok, that has to go in a book." he inspired one of my characters. Do remember that.

So we ended the year, and then went to a formal dance, and he wouldn't look at me.

??

totally didn't acknowledge me. I was pretty angry at him.

Two years go by. We'd see each other once in a blue moon, and it was always the same: he'd look past me, I'd look through him. It was this unspoken mutual decision to be enemies.

Found out after about a year and a half of this that he thought I was the hottest girl in the county.  Still hated him. Still considered him a jerk.

However I continued writing the book (series) that he inspired with that evil grin.

He shows up at one of the homeschool classes one day about six months ago. It's the kind of thing where you can just pop in. We are forced to work together, and we pretend nothing happened, like we're just cool with each other.  Found out he's dating one of my friends. Thought she was too good for him. made me angry.
he disappears again, I'm rather happy about it. One less thing to think about.

Saw him randomly about two months ago, he tried to talk to me as if the past three years of ignoring each other hadn't happened. I threatened that I'd hit him, and he left me alone.
for a while.

So the other day I was relaxing in a store, and he shows up and attempts to talk to me. What am I supposed to do? say "go away I hate you?"

no.

so we talked for about an hour and a half maybe. He claimed it was one of the most intelligent conversations he'd ever had. Which really didn't say much about his intelligence, but still. we had a good talk. He's not as bad as I thought.

Randomly saw him in a store yesterday, too. he didn't ignore me that time, either.

Except there's this one little thing that's still bugging me. Actually two things:

1. he started that unspoken mutual decision to ignore each other… why? I guess it doesn't matter because he finished it, and I'm finished with it, too. One less vendetta to concentrate on. However, there's another unspoken mutual decision now: neither of us will bring up the whole "so why did you avoid me?" "so why did you ignore me?" "So why did you threaten to hit me?" that kind of thing. It's like it never happened. I'm not sure what to think about that. If I bring it up, I might lose my second chance at a friendship that I missed a lot when that first class ended three years ago.

2. he has, in the two times I've seen him in the past week, successfully spoken two lines directly from the book I wrote… lines that happened to be spoken by the character he inspired—and that's annoying the crap out of me.
Seriously, number 2 is worse than number 1. he inspired the character, he never read the book, three years later he says lines the character said. it's creepy. very very creepy.
welcome to a freakish diary.

I call it ironic. extremely ironic. Maybe you'd have to be there… but number 2 is just ironic.
<3

No comments: