May 15, 2011

see, I want a boyfriend like this.

“I have five sisters.” I told her.

“Oh.” She said seriously. She paused and then added, “I’m sorry.”

I laughed. “There have been some tough days.”

“That’s a lot of estrogen.”

“You have no idea. There are certain weeks of the month I camp out with my friends to keep from being eaten. I think they turn into vampires.”

“What’s wrong with vampires?” she asked.

“Nothing. But these ones never smile.” I nudged her playfully with my shoulder and watched as she broke into a smile for a second before pursing her lips and looking at her hands.

“Guess I’m just an out of practice vampire.”

“You’re not a vampire. You don’t try to kill me, you don’t boss me around, you don’t make me go to the drug store at three in the morning to get ibuprofen, you don’t cry when I eat the last doughnut.”

She giggled a little. “You go to the drug store at three in the morning to get pain killers for your sisters?”

I nodded seriously.

“Damn. I bet you’re a really good boyfriend.”

“I try my best.” I grinned.

No comments: