Oct 1, 2010

Questions

Another old one.

this one i started writing in a new journal and didn't realize that i was rhyming until i got to the chorus.

hah

 

 

What do you do

When all you have is questions

And every answer

Feels like a lie

 

How do you find

What you’re looking for

When you don’t know what it is

Or why you try

 

What song do you sing

When all the songs you know

Fall short of what

You need today

 

And how do you write

Your own song instead

When you don’t even know

What you’re trying to say

 

*all my questions have no answers

And no one tells me where to go

Will these questions stay unanswered

Will the rivers all still flow

Will the sun keep rising higher

Will all the stars explode

Will I ever find my answers, *

 

What do you say

When you don’t understand

What you want

Or who you are

 

How do you ask

When the words you use

Turn up empty

Every time

 

And what do you do

When you’ve written it all

There’s not a poem or song

Left to write

 

And how do you finish

The very last verse

When you can’t find words

That rhyme?

 

*All my questions have no answers

And no one tells me where to go

Will these questions stay unanswered,

Will we still have rain and snow

Will the world fall to ruins

Will volcano’s lava flow

Will I ever find my answers, *

 

* All my questions have no answers

And no one tells me where to go

Will these questions stay unanswered,

Will the dolphins dance below

Will the birds still make their nests

Will the trees for them grow

Will I ever find my answers, *

 

 

 

<3

No comments: