May 26, 2012

Take My Paws project

So there's this hymn I grew up singing called "Take my life" and one of the verses says "Take my hands and let them move at the impulse of Thy love."

And it's no secret that I love kitties.

It's also obvious that you knit and crochet with your hands.

Which is why the ministry I'm starting is called Take My Paws. I've been knitting like a mad-kitty (<--- haha, see what I did there?) and making stuff to donate instead of sell.

What I'm going to do is make hats, scarves, cowls, baby blankets, mittens, and anything else I can make, and donate them. That's it. just give them away to people who need them.

I'll also be collecting them from other people if you want to contribute. I'm working with another girl from my on-campus ministry who is doing the same thing.

So if you want to make stuff to donate or send yarn (which is obviously appreciated since we wouldn't have to buy yarn to make stuff for people) email me at sadbutsweetemokid@yahoo.com and I'll send you all the info you need.

And if you can't help physically, please pray that God will give me the opportunity to serve Him with my talents and open doors to make things, give things away, and teach other people to do the same.

Thanks!

No comments: